Sellf programming assembly cell for structural steel. This cell uses 3D laser scanner and CAD software to create automatically welding program to assemble beam assembly without jig.

By admin

20 thoughts on “Self programming robot welding”
  1. Hate too say humanoids robot will be the thing of the future .and this what it's going too take too colonized mars for starters I be dead and gone but you bet your sweet ass they will be use too colonized mars just get the material tools and machinery there along with the robots they will and can build a city work all day and night don't eat don't sleep and something we have that they don't is lungs so they can work anywhere with oxygen or not. You looking at the machines the robots who will build homes on Mars .

  2. That was impressive overall, but way too slow compared to what's possible. Also, the welds aren't second to none, if they're going to touch, they may as well be continuous, or at least feathered in better. This eliminates the additional crack initiation points. Overall it's a design to be really proud of, but you need to have engineering hand it over to a hardcore applications guy. I could literally double the speed of the process. I'm accomplished with Yaskawa/Motoman, but I'm finishing up a big Fanuc class and I see little difference.

    I could design and build a similar system all by myself: mechanically, electrically, programmatically, and process. Not bragging, just saying. Well, maybe 10% bragging, but the other 90% is purely just saying.

  3. Pls. Kindly connect me with a welding job. I had Diploma in Welding and Fabrication Engineering. I will preferred to work in Canada. I had my Diploma from Petroleum Training Institute, (Now University of Petroleum Resources) Effurun Warri Delta State, Nigeria, West Africa. Pls. Call me or whasaap on +234 (0)8090655802. Thanks.

  4. I just got a job at a facility that utilizes weld robots. I'm a machinist so I'm researching what my new position may entail. I was told by one of the staff that cameras wouldn't survive the weld environment. I had mentioned the idea of using them to validate from a fixed reference point on the fixture to allow for automated adjustments to inconsistencies in stamped materials being welded. I was curious about the vision system on your robots. Is it a normal camera in an insulated case or are they specialized to the application? I find this industry fascinating.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.